VOSS OF NORWAY OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of their entry. Employees of VOSS of Norway, ASA and The Voss Foundation, its consultants, volunteers, interns, its retailers, distributors, promotion, PR and advertising agencies, as well as their immediate families, household members of each employee are not eligible to enter. The Contest is subject to federal, state and local laws and regulations.
The Contest is sponsored by VOSS of Norway ASA, 236 W 30th Street, 12th FL
New York, NY 10001
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The contest begins on March 22, 2015 at 12:01 AM (EST) and ends on May 22, 2015 at 11:59 PM (EST).
4. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded.
Round Trip Air Transportation (coach class) and international travel insurance for winner and one (1) guest from a local or international commercial airport nearest winner’s primary United States residence to Johannesburg, South Africa. From Johannesburg, the winner and guest will transfer to The Kingdom of Swaziland. Departing flight will leave from the United States on or about August 20, 2015 (actual date TBD) and the return flight will leave Johannesburg, South Africa on or about August 27, 2015 (actual date TBD). The trip will include – Six (6) nights double occupancy (standard room accommodation) between the two countries:
- In South Africa – The Villa Simonne, (or hotel with like accommodations) where the winner will see the sights in Johannesburg.
- In The Kingdom of Swaziland – The Hotel Malandelas,(or hotel with like accommodations). While in The Kingdom of Swaziland they will attend a ceremony celebrating a Voss Foundation water project in the Ndlinilembi Chiefdom. While there, you will meet their local partners, discover the remarkable partner communities, and learn about the rich culture of the region.
- Also included are internal transportation, various guided tours and lunch and dinner each day in South Africa and The Kingdom of Swaziland.
- Approximate retail value of Grand Prize: $US $9,000.00.
- The winning entry will be featured on the VOSS Water and Voss Foundation’s website, Facebook page, etc. Accepting the prize constitutes permission to use the story in VOSS Water and Voss Foundation’s social media campaigns. Your entry will become the property of VOSS of Norway and by accepting the prize you agree that no other compensation will be forthcoming for your submission.
THE VALUE(S) OF THE PRIZE(S) SET FORTH ABOVE REPRESENT SPONSOR’S GOOD FAITH DETERMINATION OF THE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE(S) THEREOF; THE ACTUAL VALUE(S) AS ULTIMATELY DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IS FINAL AND BINDING AND CANNOT BE CHALLENGED OR APPEALED. IN THE EVENT THE STATED APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE(S) OF A PRIZE IS MORE THAN THE ACTUAL VALUE OF THAT PRIZE, THE DIFFERENCE WILL NOT BE AWARDED IN CASH OR OTHERWISE. NO SUBSTITUTION OR COMPENSATION WILL BE GIVEN FOR ANY PORTION OF THE PRIZE THAT IS NOT USED.
5. JUDGING/HOW TO ENTER:
To enter go to WWW.ONEWELLATATIME.COM and fill out an entry form.
The objective of your essay/entry follows: Bring to life the issue of water scarcity in sub-Saharan Africa and how having access to clean water can positively affect the daily and long-term lives of the people living in these communities, especially the women of the community. Please note, all written submissions must be in English.
There are three (3) choices for entering. Please note, all submissions must be in English.
- An original or rights free stock photo with an accompanying paragraph between 50- 200 words
- An original video up to 3 minutes in length.
- A Be Inspired fact with an accompanying paragraph between 50-200 words.
All entries will be judged in the following manner:
- 25% on each of the following criteria: originality, innovation, vision and passion
- Employees of the Voss Foundation and guest judges will conduct judging.
6. WINNING ENTRY: Winners will be selected on, or about June 15, 2015 and will be notified by email. A winner’s list can be obtained by writing to: Winner’s List – VOSS of Norway ASA, 236 W 30th Street, 12th FL, New York, NY 10001. The winner will be required to be available for travel on the dates selected by VOSS of Norway (on or about August 20, 2015) and to satisfactorily complete an Affidavit of Eligibility showing that winner has complied with these rules, a Liability and Publicity Release, W9 and proof of age (drivers license, passport), all of which must be returned within ten (10) days to the Contest administrator at VOSS of Norway. In addition, the winner will need to pass a standard background check and partake in a phone interview to verify the originality of your submission prior to the prize being awarded. The winner must also demonstrate to VOSS of Norway, at least 30 days prior to departure, ability to obtain in timely fashion (i) a valid U.S. Passport; (ii) all vaccinations recommended by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; and (iii) medical clearance, following a physical examination performed within 30 days of the proposed trip. VOSS of Norway will reimburse all medical expenses, upon submission of valid receipts for these expenses. All information submitted is subject to verification by VOSS of Norway. VOSS of Norway reserves the right to revoke the prize in the event of material misrepresentation. If the potential winning entrant of any prize cannot be contacted; is ineligible; fails to return the completed and executed affidavit and release; or, if the prize notification is returned.
7. CONDITIONS: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws apply. All federal, state or other tax liabilities arising from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. The Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or unintelligible entries, telephone system or computer malfunctions, lost connections or transmission errors; (ii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the acceptance, possession or use of any prize or from participating in the Contest; or (iii) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any material associated with the Contest. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem or other causes beyond the Sponsors’ control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. In no event will Sponsors be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. In the event this Contest is cancelled or terminated, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, pick a winner from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. The Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, the Sponsor determines that you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor’s representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF SUCH PARTICIPANT, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
The Contest Entities shall have the right to disqualify any entries that they deem to be obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, lewd, derogatory, inappropriate, or otherwise not in good taste, as determined by the Contest Entities in their sole discretion. Written submissions. Photos and videos must be 100% your original work (excluding rights free stock photos).
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Sponsor shall be final and binding.
- All entries and the information contained in such entries will become the Sponsor’s property and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Acceptance of a prize will constitute permission for the Sponsor to use the names, cities, states, likenesses, and voices of the winners for advertising and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. LIMIT OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS:
A) ALL ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS PARENT COMPANY, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AGENCIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, EXPENSES OR INJURIES OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN ANY WAY FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE JUDGING, THE USE OF THE PRIZE, ANY DELAYED, LOST, MISDIRECTED, OR DAMAGED ENTRIES, OR ANY COMPUTER, ONLINE SERVICE, COMMUNICATIONS OR OTHER TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS THAT MAY OCCUR.
B) ALL ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS PARENT COMPANY, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AGENCIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY NATURE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRIZES, REGARDING FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, DESCRIPTION OR NATURE OF THE PRIZE OR OTHERWISE. ALL ENTRANTS, BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE ABOVE RULES.
C) UNDELIVERABLE; OR IF THE POTENTIAL WINNER OTHERWISE FAILS TO FULLY COMPLY WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES, HE/SHE WILL FORFEIT THAT PRIZE AND THE PRIZE MAY BE AWARDED TO AN ALTERNATE WINNER AS SELECTED BY THE CONTEST ENTITIES.