Voss Foundation is a non-‐profit organization dedicated to providing access to clean water to communities in Sub-‐Saharan Africa and raising awareness of ongoing need in the region. Voss Foundation aims to help fulfill communities’ water requirements and then focus on the self-‐improvement of lives and communities once basic water needs are satisfied. We have a particular interest in assisting women and girls who, relieved of the burden of fetching water, have time to devote to education and enterprise. We help meet these demands through an approach that ensures local ownership and long-‐term sustainability through partnerships with trusted organizations on the ground, use of appropriate technology, and through systems that assess the multiple water requirements of a community.
Founded by VOSS of Norway ASA as an independent 501(c) (3) public charity, Voss Foundation has changed the lives of over 100,000 people in Africa with access to clean water. Voss Foundation has offices in New York and Oslo, and is currently working on projects in Kenya, Ethiopia, Liberia, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Swaziland.
Voss Foundation is looking for a volunteer who can assist our New York City office with daily and monthly accounting/finance functions. Applicant must be proficient in Microsoft Navision, Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office Applications such as but not limited to Word. Applicant must be a self-‐starter possessing superior writing skills, attention to detail, and a can-‐do entrepreneurial attitude. The volunteer will report to Voss Foundation’s pro‐bono accountant and our Program Assistant. The start date and hours are dependent on the availability of the applicant.
- Ensure all vendor invoices are posted
- Ensure all vendor payments are posted
- Ensure all customer invoices are posted
- Ensure all customer payments are posted
- Ensure all bank/credit/payroll fees are recorded
- Ensure all bank reconciliations are prepared
- Ensure all prepaid reconciliations are prepared
- Ensure monthly exchange rate is posted
- Perform monthly variance analysis
- Ensure all cash receipts received are deposited at the bank
- File all journal entries
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Able to work in a fast-‐paced environment -‐ take direction, multi-‐task, and maintain deadlines
- Have enthusiasm and energy, and be a motivated self-‐starter who can work on a team and independently
To apply or get more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.